This is how I deal with my skin in the heat and humidity.
Maintaining your skincare regime can be a real challenge at the best of times, let alone when you're travelling. The last thing you want to do between the flights, the exploring and the cocktails (let's be honest) is spend an hour everyday in front of the mirror applying your 14-step skincare regiment. And not just that, but you also need to make sure you take the things that will compliment your skin in whatever climate you find yourself. After all, our routines can change drastically between the seasons.
As you know, Brad and I were just enjoying the beautifully lush surrounds of tropical Bali, so I wanted to share with you my simple and quick holiday skincare routine. Between the heat and humidity, refreshing swims and the delicious food, it was incredibly important to keep my skin hydrated, as well as maintaining a healthy complexion. So, without further ado, here is my summer holiday skincare routine.
1. Cleanse. Before I departed I stocked up* on my favourite gentle cleanser, the Lush 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion. Not only does it take off makeup (including mascara!), it also cleans the skin without drying it out thanks to a bunch of natural oils, like almond and ylang ylang.
2. Treat. Every few nights I've been swiping on the Alpha-H Liquid Gold with a cotton pad, which refines the skin overnight with miracle ingredients like glycolic acid. The only down side to this amazing product is that it can make your skin more sensitive to the sun (not the best thing when you're in sunny Bali), so I always wear SPF afterwards.
3. Nourish. By far, my favourite way to nourish my skin at the moment is with the Grown Alchemist Antioxidant+ Facial Oil with borago, rosehip (my skin loves this stuff) and buckthorn. I use just a few drops and press it into the skin with warm hands. Truth be told, I couldn't go a day without using this potent serum. The best part? It gives my skin a natural dewy glow, with or without any foundation or makeup.
4. Moisturise. Since my skin is more on the dry side, I still apply my twice daily Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Dry, which has been my go-to moisturiser since it was launched last year. Even though it's hot and humid here, doesn't mean I can skip this important step. In fact, keeping your skin hydrated and moisturised is key to maintaining normal oil levels.
5. Balm. Finally, another daily necessity it the Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm, which I apply generously to my lip every night before I snooze (just ask Brad!). I also rub it into any dry areas I may have, like cuticles, elbows, knees, etc. That's the beauty of a multipurpose product!
What skincare products do you always pack with you?
Also shown above (clockwise): Levis denim shorts, Ace of Something hat, Status Anxiety wallet, Lost Guides Bali book, Soludos espadrilles, ROC sunglasses and The Daily Edited monogrammed travel wallet.
*By 'stocked up' I mean I bought three big bottles of the creamy goodness.