Ruffles, bows and clever tailoring.
Of course, my wardrobe is now packed with boyfriend shirts of the dress and top variety, and you know what? I wear them all the time. I truly believe that the classic button-up shirt is for all ages and all seasons, so I rarely hesitate to snap up another. Heck, chances are yet another favourite has been worn to death and seen its last day, right?
Lately though, I've been really loving timeless shirts with a twist; a tie, a bow, a ruffle detail - something that adds interest to such a classic piece. Just when you think things are getting predictable, you're happily surprised by a small feature that makes a piece special. So, today I'm sharing with you five must-have white shirts with a twist. I hope you love them as much as I do!
SHOP MY TOP 5 PICKS
1. Ivory & Chain. Worn above, who could resist that oversized fit and dramatic ruffle trim edge on the sleeves? Not me, clearly.
2. ASOS. What's better than a cold shoulder top? A cold shoulder with contrast black bows, of course!
3. Neon Rose. I'm loving this $55 open back frill, tie detail shirt!
4. Boohoo. This tiered ruffle shirt is a bargain at only $22 (on sale!).
5. Shopbop. I'm obsessing over anything with oversized bows right now.