The makeup that knocks my socks off.
I did, however, know a little bit about the Tarte brand, which was more than enough to impress me beyond their amazing products (oh yes, they're just as amazing as everyone says!). I don't tend to write brand summaries here on Lion in the Wild, as you can pretty much find them anywhere, but I have to make somewhat of an exception today.
Tarte is all about natural, vegan, paraben free and eco friendly cosmetics that not only work and are good for you (and your skin!), but are also damn glamourous if you ask me. It's quite rare to come across a brand that instantly knocks your socks off, but that's exactly what Tarte did (especially after I got home from Hayman Island and sat down to really test the products - what a dream!).
Needless to say, I've been recommending 'Tarte this' and 'Tarte that' to pretty much everyone over the past month, just ask my family and friends. Yeah, I tend to get a little over excited when I discover a new brand or product that I truly believe in, as you might be able to tell.
Scroll down to find out my top seven Tarte Cosmetics picks!
GET THE BEAUTY LOOK
MY TOP 7 PICKS
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. Light-Medium Neutral. I have not used another foundation for a month. Yep, it's that good. Applied with The Buffer Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush, which in itself is an amazing product, the Amazonian Clay Foundation is one of my favourite ever. It's highly blendable and buildable, and provides long-lasting matte coverage. My foundation wardrobe will never be the same again.
2. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer. Another much hyped Tarte product is the Shape Tape, also known as my new favourite concealer (I'm not even kidding, guys). Comparable to the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer, the Shape Tape Contour Concealer is the perfect, full coverage all-rounder; use it to conceal, highlight, contour, anything! I'm definitely not the only one that couldn't live without the Shape Tape either.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer. Park Avenue Princess. My go-to Elizabeth Arden Bronzing Powder actually smashed somewhere between Perth and Hayman Island, so I was kind of forced to use the Tarte Bronzer, and my goodness, it was blessing in disguise. It's warm, natural and glowy; everything you could need in a bronzer. I've also been using it as an eye shadow!
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush. Also one of the first Tarte products I ever tried from Sephora, the Amazonian Clay Blush is soft yet pigmented, with a great variety of shades. My favourite shade thus far is Exposed, but Celebrated and Flush are both on my wish list.
5. Tarte Tartiest PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette. Now for the obvious choices. Truth be told, I've never met a highlight and contour palette as brilliant as the Tartiest PRO Glow Palette. It has six of the made pigmented shades, ranging from a shimmering warm highlighter to a creamy deep contour. Oh, and it also includes my favourite Tarte highlighter, Stunner.
6. Tarte Tartiest PRO Amazonian Clay Palette. There's something about eyeshadow palettes that get me all excited, and the ultra bold, highly pigmented Tartiest PRO Amazonian Clay Palette is no exception. The look I'm wearing in the post consists of the top warm shades, as well as the shimmery Ethereal and Glam, but I cannot wait to play around with every single one of the others as soon as I get a chance. I think I'm in-love!
7. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. I'll give it to you straight, this mascara isn't what I would tout as 'waterproof', but that doesn't mean I don't adore it. It makes my average lashes look so much thicker and longer, especially after a few coats, and I just love that it doesn't smudge under my eyes like most mascaras.
What are your favourite Tarte Cosmetics?