From the shoulders to the waist in a just a few years.
1. Regular trims (no regrets!). I used to have a long bob, so when I decided to grow it out, I didn't visit a hair dresser in over two-years. Yikes! When I finally started visiting my go-to Perth salon, Harper Hair Studio, my hair was pretty much swimming in split ends. Taliya, AKA. my hair god fairy, convinced me to chop off a good few inches that day and I've never looked back. Since then, I go back to Harper Hair once every couple of months (or as much as possible) for a trim, which means less breakage and longer hair. Woohoo!
2. The best hair treatment you'll ever use. I've told you how much I swear by the professional Olaplex treatments I get at Harper Hair before, as well as the at-home treatment I use between visits. In short, Olaplex has the magical ability of repairing and strengthening hair. The stuff is pure genius.
3. Be a lazy hair washer. What I really mean is, avoid over washing your hair. I usually wash my hair about three times a fortnight, which not only means less time spent on my hair, but also allows those really good natural oils to work wonders on my scalp and hair. Don't be afraid of dry shampoo.
4. At-home lovin'. I'm addicted to hair masks, leave-in treatments, oils and serums, and my go-to right now is the Goldwell Kerasilk and Dualsenses ranges. They keep my hair silky smooth, and also protects it from any heat styling.
5. Go natural. I try to wear my hair in it's wave, natural state as much as possible, but I do like to wear it straight or with a bouncy curl. I make sure I limit my heat styling to once a wash, if that, and use quality products to reduce heat damage (you already know how much I swear by my Dyson Supersonic!).
What do you do to keep your hair healthy?
I'm wearing: Playsuit from Princess Polly, Zara blazer, Janessa Leone hat, Rebecca Minkoff bag and Acne Studios Jensen boots.
Photography by Sharleen King.